The financial industry came together last night to celebrate the best diversity & inclusion initiatives at the third Pimfa D&I Awards in London.
LGT Wealth Management picked up a trio of gongs at the ceremony, while HSBC, Legal & General Investment Management and Lloyds were also recognised for shining a light on “excellent, often untold stories that exist across organisations and among individuals in the wealth management and advice industry,” said Pimfa (Personal Investment Management & Financial Advice Association).
Liz Field, chief executive of Pimfa, commented: “I am delighted, as ever, to congratulate both the winners and highly commended from this year’s D&I Awards, but also all those who entered the awards this year.
“The business, moral and social case for diversity and inclusion has not dimmed, nor shall it for some time to come, and the firms and individuals that entered this year’s awards are all excellent examples of how our members recognise the talents of individuals from all backgrounds and ensure that all people feel involved, valued, respected, treated fairly, and embedded within the cultures of the organisations they work for.”
The winners of the awards, for which MA Financial Media titles Portfolio Adviser, International Adviser and ESG Clarity are the exclusive media partners, in each category are as follows:
- Inclusive Talent Management Award
- Winner: LGT Wealth Management
- Best D&I Initiative Award (1-50 Employees)
- Winner: The Verve Foundation
- Best D&I Initiative Award (51-350 Employees) – sponsored by Royal London
- Winner: 7IM
- Best D&I Initiative Award (351+ Employees) – sponsored by SEI
- Highly Commended: Legal and General Investment Management
- Winner: Lloyds Banking Group
- Best Industry Partner Award
- Highly Commended: Women Returners
- Winner: EY Foundation
- Rising Talent Award – Sponsored by Raymond James
- Winner: Nalini Solanki, Legal and General Investment Management
- Best Approach to Wellbeing Award – sponsored by Charles Schwab
- Winner: FIS
- The Overall DE&I Champion Award – sponsored by Morningstar
- Highly Commended: David Coombs, Rathbones
- Winner: Fiona Wallace, HSBC
- The DE&I Executive Sponsor Award – sponsored by Clearstream
- Winner: Phoebe Stone, LGT Wealth Management
- Best Organisational Outreach Initiative Award – sponsored by FIS
- Highly Commended: Future Frontiers
- Winner: LGT Wealth Management
Pimfa chief executive Field added while there is still work to be done “it is heartening to see just how much effort is going into making our industry as diverse and inclusive as it can be”.
“As the voice of our industry, Pimfa will continue to make D&I a priority and look to collaborate across the sector to provide resources, support and co-ordination of efforts in the years to come,” she added.
The winners were chosen by an independent group of industry peers alongside experts in diversity and inclusion from charities that Pimfa partner with. These included Roopalee Dave, partner at EY; Peter Moores, chief executive of Raymond James; Matt Cameron, global managing director at LGBT Great; Bev Shah, co-chief executive & founder, City Hive; Jennifer Mathias, group chief finance officer at Rathbones; Sean Taylor, director at Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management; Richard Wilson, chief executive officer at abrdn Personal Wealth and interactive investor among others.
Huge congratulations to all the winners!